Casio Exilim EX-Z100 Features
The Casio Exilim EX-Z100 is a 10 megapixel digital camera. It also offers a 4x wide angle, zoom lens. The focal length of the lens is equivalent to 28 to 114mm in 35mm format. 4x digital zoom is also available.
- Self-Timer 10 seconds or 2 seconds
- Voice Recording
- YouTube Capture Mode
- Resolution optimised for 6 x 4 prints widescreen TVs and computer screens
- CCD size: 1/2.3-inch
Focusing options include infinity, manual, panning, face recognition and automatic. In macro mode the Exilim EX-Z100 can focus from 15cm away from the subject.
You can set an Auto Shutter mode. The different options instruct the camera to automatically snap a picture if it detects someone smiling, while panning and subject blur is eliminated or when the camera and subject are still.
The LCD screen is 2.7 inches in size. The right hand side of the screen can be used to display key menu options. The screen is made up of around 230,160 pixels.
The flash modes available are Flash System Auto, Flash On, Flash Off, Soft Flash and Red Eye Reduction.
The range of the flash is 3.3m. This falls to 1.5m when the zoom lens is fully extended. There is also a rapid flash mode. The range is reduced in this mode to a maximum of 2.2m and 1m when the zoom is fully extended.
The intensity of the flash can also be adjusted.
The Exilim EX-Z100 has one of the widest selections of scene modes you are likely to find. The modes are: portrait, scenery, portrait with scenery, self portrait, self portrait (two people), children, sports, candlelight portrait, party, pet, flower, natural green, autumn leaves, soft flowing water, splashing water, sundown, night scene, night scene portrait, fireworks, food, text, collection, auction, backlight, anti shake, high sensitivity, underwater, monochrome, retro, twilight, ID photo, business card and documents, white board, silent movie, pre record movie, YouTube movie, user scene and auto best shot.
There are a number of features available when viewing a photo you have already taken. These include adjusting the dynamic range, brightness and colour. You can also add a voice memo clip to a photo.
You can shoot widescreen movies with a resolution of 848 x 480 pixels at 30 frames per second. The maximum length of a movie is 10 minutes. Sound can be recorded and zoom applied before shooting starts.
- White Balance: Auto; Sunlight, Cloudy, Shade, Fluorescent Lighting (Day), Fluorescent Lighting (night), Tungsten; Manual
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 50, 100, 200, 400, 1000, 1600
- Exposure Compensation: -2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV steps)
- Metering: Multi-pattern, centre weighted, spot
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.9 second intervals
- High-speed Continuous Shooting: Maximum is 4 frames per second
- Flash Continuous Shooting: Maximum is 3 frames per second
- Maximum Aperture: F2.6 (W) to F5.8 (T) (set automatically)
- Shutter Speed: 1/2 (auto) / 4 (in night mode) to 1/1000 seconds (set automatically)
Computer - Printers - Television
Casio supplies all the cables and software you will need to connect the Exilim EX-Z100 to a computer, compatible printer and television set.
Casio Exilim EX-Z100