Canon Powershot A495 Features
The Canon Powershot A495 is the starter digital camera in the Conon range. It has 10 megapixels and a 3.3x zoom lens. The focal length of the lens is equivalent to 37 - 122mm in 35mm format. 4x digital zoom is also available.
- Sensor Size: 1/2.3 inches
- Macro Mode: 1cm
- Colour Effects: Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Custom Color (limited)
- Special resolution for widescreen television playback
- Red-Eye Correction: During shooting and playback
The LCD monitor is 2.5 inches in size. The screen is made up of around 115,000 dots.
The flash modes are: Automatic, On, Off, Slow Sync Speed, Red Eye Reduction. In addition flash exposure compensation and flash exposure lock are available.
The maximum flash range is 3m. This falls to 2m when the zoom lens is fully extended. To increase the range of the flash unit you can buy an external flash - the Canon High Power Flash HF-DC1.
There are a number of preset scene modes. These are: Portrait, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, FaceSelf-Timer, Low Light (2.0MP), Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Beach, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks and Long Shutter.
You can shoot short, TV quality movies with a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. The top recording speed is 30 frames per second. Sound can be recorded and zoom can be applied before shooting.
Among the more advanced features are:
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.0 - f/5.8 (set automatically)
- Metering Modes: Multi Point, Centre-weighted average, Spot
- AE Lock
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 2 EV in 1/3 stop increments
- Shutter Speeds: 15 - 1/2000 seconds (set automatically)
- White Balance: Auto (including Face Detection WB), Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 0.9 shots/sec until card full
Computer - Printers - Television
All the necessary cables and software are supplied to attach the Canon Powershot A495 to a computer, television set and compatible printer.